HybridZ

Chasebays.com 240sx Brake booster eliminator

I have seen some s30 with 240sx master cylinder n booster swap, and was just wondering if chasebays eliminator brake booster would work on our z. I wouldn't want to go through the hassle of installing used parts, that is why I perferr this route if it works.

http://www.chasebays.com/product/nissan-240sx/brakes/chase-bays-brake-booster-eliminator

Yes. There is a sticky on this site about mounting that master cyclinder on the s-30

Where at? I couldn't seem to find it? Deleting the rear brakes, you would do this why? Also, you can run brakes on one circuit. Out sprint car is a dirt oval car, two calipers, one front, one rear, we did have it set up with the rear inboard and an extra outboard right brake to help set it into the corners, but its was too much brake and cutting the engine off. You could adapted it to work with all 4 calipers, but it would likely be too small with a single camber and you would run out of fluid to push to the brakes.

This doesn't require you to delete rear brakes. Many drag race cars delete rear brakes, and the OEM master cylinder doesn't work well for doing so. That is why we suggested on our description. This will work perfectly fine for your braking setup. We've sold over 500 of these kits, 90% of them run it with front and rear calipers. All of them were happy with the braking.

I think some of you have some incorrect info on how brakes work, and how bore sizing would effect the braking. Bigger is not better. The single feed master cylinder we use just means you have to T the outlet to make it 2 lines. Most master cylinders are a single feed design internally and the master cylinder would split it, or its a single feed reservoir feeding an internal proportioning valve. None of these effect safety or braking power. If its a 7/8's master cylinder...its going to put out the same pressure as the next 7/8's master cylinder. Just keep in mind that without the booster a 1 inch or larger master cylinder is going to be very stiff with the pedal ratio on your Z chassis. So 7/8's is the way to go.

If you have any questions or need anything else let me know.

Thanks,

-Logan

Logan@ChaseBays.com

205-623-2188 ext.1

I wasn't really saying it was going to have any problems with braking power. Just to clarify, I was just saying, if it was designed to run only two calipers, and you are running 4, then it is going to push more fluid, therefore the holding tank would need to be larger so you don't run out of fluid through the full brake stroke. I'm aware that it would work just fine with a T out of the lines, as I stated, the sprint car my family runs uses a Wilwood single outlet master cylinder, a 1" with no booster. I realize that there really isn't an issue with using either of these kits as long as you are willing to put the work in to making them fit properly and depending upon what use your car is getting.