HybridZ

blow thru 4barrel

v8dats

I have tried searching but didnt find what I was looking for. I got a free 260z from my best friend. it has a bob sharp intake on it. it does run with a junk holley and msd box for its electronic distributor. I have a turbo manifold and a t3t4 50 trim turbo. has anyone run a holley 4 barrel in a blow thru setup on a z? looking for pix if anyone has them. deciding on a modded 390cfm carb and an auto tranny. free car and spare boost.. im hoping for 11's!

actually 11's have been achieved with a datsun 6 cyl more often than u might think. I know a v8 will achieve it thank you. im asking if anyone has done a 4 barrel blow thru setup on a z with success and maybe have some pics. thanks again

I have what you have...an idea of running just that! I think you'd agree that the most important part of this conversion is the carb and they are available but they're expensive...and who can tune 'em? I'm pretty good at tuning Holley's but the blow thru type will be challenging!

I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone anyone posts up anything. :)

I believe this is how old school Turbo Tom turbo kits were. Blow through Holleys. I don't think you'll be able to run into 11s on a 50 trim T3/T4 without a lot of boost and some healthy traction. Does this car still have an L26 in it?

There was a member that was running a Holley along with a to4e/t3 turbo not too awful long ago.

Found him after searching "holley blow through". His name is 280zex, here is his thread but the pictures appear to be dead, so here is the link to his photobucket account. He dynoed it at 305hp/285ftlb @ 12psi.

*edit

I found another thread with a few pictures here.

Edited by lowrider

wow thanks for your replies! I am looking to run over 20 pounds of boost on race fuel. I am also looking to run an auto trans and drag radials. I think with a good holeshot 11's are doable even with this turbo. if this works out I will look into upgrading to turbo later. thanks for your links lowrider.

Edited by v8dats

well if you have a 4bbl and want 11's, easy way out would be an off-the-shelf NOS kit, there are LOTs of the kits around that are set up to just bolt between a 4 barrel and it's manifold. All you would have to do is follow a Tab-A into Slot-B type install. Then once the blow through is settled and running well for on the street, you have an extra bit of boost to get you down the strip on time.

already have a nitrous kit and it has crossed my mind. have the engine set up for n/a right now and am collecting parts for the blow thru. I am very excited about this project and cant wait to see the end result or its limitations.. other than it being a blow thru or a datsun inline 6. haha

It is doubtful that you will achieve 11's with a Datsun 6 cylinder engine unless a lot of money is put into it. 11's are more easily achieved using a V8.

Doubtful? No, it's been done with regularity. Slicks, clutch, T5, stock L28ET, 420cc injectors, IC, T4 turbo, JWT ECU. Easier to do 11s with a turbo setup than a V8 up here in Denver.

Edited by SleeperZ

I believe this is how old school Turbo Tom turbo kits were. Blow through Holleys. I don't think you'll be able to run into 11s on a 50 trim T3/T4 without a lot of boost and some healthy traction. Does this car still have an L26 in it?

The 50trim should make an easy 350-400rwhp, srt4 guys have made 420 with a .48 exhaust housing and 440ish with the .63 housing. Power in that range should be good for 120-125mph with a 2700lb(w/ driver) car, 120-125 should be good for low 11's with a good launch.

Hell, a stock turbo should be good for mid 12's pretty easily, I ran a 13.4 on 7lbs on the stock turbo.

I should be able to hit 11.2 all day long with my set up. TT kit with water/methanol, and two stages of nitrous. I have not gone to the track yet. It should be say with the right launch.... There is plenty of info here on the TT kits here, if you don't see what you need pm me. I have all toms old literature, and install information.