HybridZ

Can an L24 Be bored to 86mm safely?

YetAnotherDeveloper

Where is the point? Is the L28 not at standard 86mm bore from the factory? Run an L24 crank in an L28 block get big bore or run an L26/L28 crank in a L24 block and get big stroke. L28 crank + L24 bore = L26.

I wouldn't mess around with it if you have doubts. The money spent on boring the block out to that and then perhaps it works but maybe it doesn't, just get a junkyard L28 and save the time, worry, and money.

Due to the path of least resistance, the only people that I know of that have tried this are cheater racers. None were successful.

Hey john! can i ask you what you mean by not successful? did they get figured out, or did the engine fail? I'm just trying to assess if this is a viable option and if it can be reliable.

The extra effort wasn't worth it. They still finished mid-pack and spent double what others were spending on a good L24 IT build. Take the extra money you'll be spending on the overbore and pistons and put that into forged pistons, headwork, and cam.