HybridZ

S30 w/L28ET running 12.60s?

seanof30306

WOW... Can't wait to get mine runnig. And one of the reasons i went with the L28ET was because i met a guy with a really nice 240z that had it built to crazy specs, and it's a lot more unique than a V8 swap.

No its not. An L28ET is a common swap; an LSx swap is still unique. Keep in mind that I had a "unique" L28ET swap. Quite honestly, if you are interested in power then the L28ET swap is not the way to go. You'll spend as much money making an L28ET produce reliable LSx power as you would simply doing an LSx swap.

Edited by ktm

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, unique is a hard thing to come by around here... Let's name just few engines off the top of my head that HAVE been done.

SBC

SBF

SBM

BBC

BBF

BBM

1UZFE

VH45DE

VG30DE

VQ35DE

Jag V12

Viper V10

SR20DE(T)

RB20,25,26DE(tt)

1JZ,2JZGTE

7MGTE

F20C

Ford Lima Pinto

Buick V6

BMW I6

Should I keep going? Some of these I only know of one or two off the top of my head, but that means there's probably a couple more out there that I don't know of.

To be fair, I DO see more LSX swaps in person than L28ET, but maybe that's the area I'm in. It's getting to the point to where I'd personally say that they're being done about equally, but just a few years ago that was definitely not the case. It's taken the LSx donors come down in cost to make it a reality while the donors for the L28ET has been cheap for a while now.

To be truly unique you have to think outside the box, not just go with a box you've never heard of.