HybridZ

Beta willwood dual MC brackets

I searched around and was surprised I couldn’t find anything on this. Currently I have S14 front disc calipers and wilwood rear calipers. I imagine the stock 260 vacuum assist Brake MC wont be up to the task of slowing the car down from 150+MPH.

Anyone have any experience with this kit? Any specific part numbers for res. and associated parts? trying to see how much this will cost me ;>

http://www.betamotorsports.com/products/products.php

Double masters won't give you more braking power per se, but it will allow you to set the bias correctly. If you're running pizza cutters in the front then maybe you might want more rear bias than you could otherwise get, and in that case the duals make sense. Also, if you had very little vacuum the booster might not do anything at all, in which case the duals might be better in that you could pick a smaller master and get more braking power for the same pedal effort (with the side effect of longer travel).

Really the thing to do is find a calculator that estimates the size of the master that you should run front and rear based on caliper piston area, brake pad size, rotor diameter, etc, and then you'll see if the front and rear sizes are so far off that you might need duals to get the bias that you want. The problem again is that most of those calculators are designed for road racers who have big tires in the front. If you call Tilton and give their tech support guys all of your parameters they can give you estimates for where to start on master cylinder sizes. They've been in the business so long that I'm guessing they'd have estimates for drag cars as well.

All that said, John's kit is really nice in that you don't have to modify a stock pedal box and cut holes in the firewall, etc. The Tilton masters come with reservoirs and I'm sure the Wilwoods and other similar ones do too.

Double masters won't give you more braking power per se, but it will allow you to set the bias correctly. If you're running pizza cutters in the front then maybe you might want more rear bias than you could otherwise get, and in that case the duals make sense. Also, if you had very little vacuum the booster might not do anything at all, in which case the duals might be better in that you could pick a smaller master and get more braking power for the same pedal effort (with the side effect of longer travel).

Really the thing to do is find a calculator that estimates the size of the master that you should run front and rear based on caliper piston area, brake pad size, rotor diameter, etc, and then you'll see if the front and rear sizes are so far off that you might need duals to get the bias that you want. The problem again is that most of those calculators are designed for road racers who have big tires in the front. If you call Tilton and give their tech support guys all of your parameters they can give you estimates for where to start on master cylinder sizes. They've been in the business so long that I'm guessing they'd have estimates for drag cars as well.

All that said, John's kit is really nice in that you don't have to modify a stock pedal box and cut holes in the firewall, etc. The Tilton masters come with reservoirs and I'm sure the Wilwoods and other similar ones do too.

Thanks for the response. im not running pizza cutters (yet) i have s14 240SX vented front rotors and stock calipers up front and pretty large rear vented (13 inch i think) discs and calipers on the rear.

The not modifying the firewal is what caught my eye

;>

Another reason im looking at doing this is space. Currently the MC is very close to the downpipe and im afraid it will get too hot. Does this kit actully move the MC closer to the firewall? Anyone have comparison pics comparing a stock booster MC and this kit?

Edited by stony

Copy not sure you could call mine a street car. Not sure i could really get more then 2 miles without getting pulled over ;> Mine has plates on it specifically for a class i was running in alaska. Only plan on driving on the road if a specific class mandates it.

Edited by stony