HybridZ

LSX Oil Dipstick, new billet mod!

Purchased the Lokar brand oil dipstick for my LSX swap just after I installed the engine as I did not like the stock dp. A few weeks ago, after putting the z up for the winter the idea came to me to take the dp to my cnc friend and have him customize the 'knob' part of it. He 'shaved' the top, beveled the edge and engraved the classic z logo, pic shows the end result!

med_gallery_176_1012_2551301.jpg

You need more balance in your life. Very cool. I got the Lokar dipstick too-the stock dipstick looked like "a dipstick with an awesome motor attached to it," instead of "an awesome motor with a dipstick attached to it." I guess some American car buyers need a neon yellow dipstick handle a foot above the motor in order to remember to check the oil.

1 Tuff Z - That is a really cool looking dipstick handle. Good idea and execution.

i r teh noobz - Please see photo below. Sometimes having the "neon yellow handle a foot above the motor" works out. In this case it puts the handle dead center of the lightening hole in my strut tower brace and has created a feature that gets commented onnearly every time a new person sees my car.

My link