HybridZ

New guy here, have a few questions

nolander001

Hello guys this is my first post here and like i said i have a few questions, I have 75 280z which the PO had a 383 in it, im posting here because i would like to put an RB in it. So my first question would be has anyone on here gone from a SBC to RB before in a S30? How much money do you guys think that it would be or would it be better to save this idea for a different datsun? The SBC that was in the car before was a carb engine and its basically ready to have a SBC dropped right back into it i.e. it has the throttle cable in place, it has the custom driveshaft, etc. I mainly want to do this swap cause i have seen how awesome RB25 and 26s are. And my other question is whats the different between a RB25 and RB26? is it a 25 thats bored out or is it a completely different engine?

And if this is in the wrong spot sorry and feel free to move it to what forum it needs to be in. :)

Hello guys this is my first post here and like i said i have a few questions, I have 75 280z which the PO had a 383 in it, im posting here because i would like to put an RB in it. So my first question would be 1. has anyone on here gone from a SBC to RB before in a S30? 2. How much money do you guys think that it would be or 3. would it be better to save this idea for a different datsun? The SBC that was in the car before was a carb engine and its basically ready to have a SBC dropped right back into it i.e. it has the throttle cable in place, it has the custom driveshaft, etc. I mainly want to do this swap cause i have seen how awesome RB25 and 26s are. 4. And my other question is whats the different between a RB25 and RB26? is it a 25 thats bored out or is it a completely different engine?

And if this is in the wrong spot sorry and feel free to move it to what forum it needs to be in. :)

My friend if you read all the stickies your answer will be found. reading all the stickies may also un cover more questions that the search button will answer.

1. I'm sure someone has but dont know anyone personally.

2. 10K+ for a true swap with all required upgrades.

3. if the car dosnt have a motor no better time to do a swap.

4. Too many differences to list here. you will need to search that one. wikipedia has a lot of good info.

Thanks for the input stony, probably going to stick with the SBC swap for now then. :( id love to get an rb into it but ill just have to wait till a get a career job or see how much money i can get from finical aid next year lol i wanna get my car up and going so i can enjoy it no matter what engines in it.