HybridZ

Wilwood 6 Pistons and 13"

Hey guys I am looking at AZC front big brake kit. If i upgraded them to 6piston and the cross drilled and slotted 13" rotors will that be to much braking power for a street car? The car only sees the track probably 1 or 2 times a year and weighs about 2550. will have 17x9.5 wheels up front. I don't want something that is gonna be twitchy as all hell.

You don't need brakes designed to stop a 3,200 Viper running the 24 hour of Daytona on a street driven 2,500 lb. Datsun. Balance is more important then mass in good braking and with those 6 piston caliper and 13" front rotors your brakes will be so front biased a well maintained stock braking system will work a lot better.

The AZC big brake kit will *NOT* make your brakes twitch! One reason racers go to bigger brakes is for better/easier modulation without lock up. Tether reason is obviously for thelarger heat sink. However, if you only do the front, your alliance will be off, even if you install an adjustable biase valve.

13" brakes are certainly over-kill for the street (I personally love overkill, my entire car has been designed around the concept) , and only you can decided the upgrade is worth it for the two times a year you go to the track.

Along the same lines, I'm going to be buying brakes pretty soon. I was wondering if the Silvermine 11.8" (cobra?) rear kit would be a reasonable match for the 12", 4 piston AZC Wilwoods up front. I'd like to retain a parking brake without installing a second caliper in the rear.