HybridZ

How To Attach Braided Fuel Line From Sump

UofA_ZCar

I'm going to run my fuel line from the sump into at 180 degree bend AN fitting, through braided line, to my fuel pump (which will be mounted in the space between the gas tank and the differential on the passenger side).

My main concern is how to attach the braided fuel line that will run along the gas tank, so it doesn't just hang loosely. I'm also trying to get an idea of how people fit all that stuff (pump, filter, lines) in that space.

If possible could people post up pictures of how they set this all up? I have searched and I know buried in various build threads there are good pictures but hell if I could find them. This thread could be a good resource if enough people post pictures.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

This is how I did mine. Not the same as what I think you are wanting to do. But I mounted my fuel cell above my rear diff and ran my fuel pump and fuel filter down in line from the fuel cell. I have braided SS -8AN all the way from my fuel cell to my fuel rail and even mounted -6AN fittings on the fuel rail so my entire fuel system is AN fittings and not a single fuel clamp anywhere.

20111104_201912.jpg

20111104_201901.jpg

I'm going to run my fuel line from the sump into at 180 degree bend AN fitting, through braided line, to my fuel pump (which will be mounted in the space between the gas tank and the differential on the passenger side).

My main concern is how to attach the braided fuel line that will run along the gas tank, so it doesn't just hang loosely. I'm also trying to get an idea of how people fit all that stuff (pump, filter, lines) in that space.

If possible could people post up pictures of how they set this all up? I have searched and I know buried in various build threads there are good pictures but hell if I could find them. This thread could be a good resource if enough people post pictures.

Thanks

Where is your sump located on the tank? Similar as mine above? You plan to run your line straight under the tank utilizing 180* hose ends?

Where is your sump located on the tank? Similar as mine above? You plan to run your line straight under the tank utilizing 180* hose ends?

My sump is in the same place as yours and I do plan to use 180* AN fittings off the sump into a braided line. I have seen a picture of it before in a build thread but I can't find it nor do I remember how he secured the braided line.

Nick I want to see how you finish yours.

Sure thing! I have been meaining to swing by and check out your Z since it is running, but it is a trek out to your part of town.

Initially I was going to do the same as you but ditched the idea due to the very same issue. Some ideas that I considered were epoxy bonding an Adel clamp to the tank bottom and clamping a tab under one or both of the straps. I also didn't like the idea of the tube (or hose in your case) being exposed so much to rocks and debris. That is why I ended up going around the tank.

I made up a couple 1"x1"x1/4" plates with an M6 hole tapped through the middle of them and had them welded to the bottom of the tank when I had the sump welded on. I then put some tubing clamps around the hoses and screwed the clamps to the plates to keep the hoses from hanging. Unfortunately, I don't have any close up shots, but these should give you the idea...

DSC00040.jpg

IMG_0464JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg

Nigel

'73 240ZT

• 1 month later...

I came across another set up by dsommer:

493.jpg

488.jpg

487.jpg

Origional build thread:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/63391-resurection-now-becoming-1tufzg-z/

I decided that I am going to drill holes through the gas tank straps so that I can put a bolt there with the threads facing the ground. Then when the braided line comes off the sump I can just bolt it to the gas tank strap. I considered doing the hard lines from the sump but I think the soft lines will be fine. I'll post pictures once I am done.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This is what I finally ended up doing:

Sumped stock tank --> Russel filter --> Walbro fuel pump --> Corvette filter/regulator --> 3/8 hard line to engine bay --> stock Ls1 fuel rail. The return line comes off the corvette filter/regulator.

IMAG0453.jpg

IMAG0455.jpg

IMAG0456.jpg

IMAG0457.jpg

IMAG0458.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

I ditched the idea of mounting the filter/regulator in the engine bay due to spacing issues. So I removed the 3/8 hard return line that I had previously bent/mounted.