HybridZ

Where to put a nitrous tank?

letitsnow

That also depends on how attached to you are to the climate control system and glove box. It is behind the seat or something else has to go to make room. A custom console, or passenger footwell would work. How much out of site?

Edited by Heroez

Already have a 10lber, so it's got to be that. I'll see about putting it behind the seat, I don't have the hvac hooked up right now and it sucks not being able to defog the windows, so that's not really an option.

I'm not too concerned about it being super hidden, just out of sight enough to not attract attention from idiots, if I get pulled over, etc. Nothing like a huge, gleaming, purple tank to yell "HEY, LOOK AT ME!!".

The stuff is so expensive that I'll probably end up leaving the tank out unless I go to the track, the temptation to use it just because would probably be too great. I think the only way I'll be able to afford this game is by buying it 60lbs at a time for $2/lb and filling my own, a single retail priced fill is almost as much as I paid for the used system.

Edited by letitsnow

How about a bigger turbo?

Planning on it in the future. The kit was listed for $100 locally, I offered $70 and he said yes. MS covers all the safety stuff(window switching, WOT, fuel, etc), so it's kinda hard to say no. Planning on keeping to 50hp or so.

I'm completely all right with sticking bottles in the freezer, fill stations are pricey.

Here is the one I had on my car. Not out of sight by any means but never had any issues after getting pulled over besides the reason I got pulled over for. :)

If you are worried about the temptation of using it all the time that will go away after your have to fill the bottle regularly since it is not cheap.

post-14557-047880100 1326989162_thumb.jpg

^^^ yes but you can always label the contents of the tank in smaller lettering. Any joe schmo will not notice.

The problem with that is, there are usually specific labels, that are to quickly identify the contents of the container, in the case of an emergency situation.

Besides, who installs a 10 lbs fire extinguisher in their vehicle?

Funny somewhat related and true story, a friend of mine has a very nice 1972 Cutlass, the he mounted a real fire extinguisher in the trunk, about a 2 lbs unit. Some import kid comes along and says: "That's an awesome idea... paint the naws bottle to look like a fire extinguisher." :facepalm: He doesn't have nitrous on his car. Less related, people seem to think he has nitrous because of the 4 TBI injectors mounted above his throttle body. :doublefacepalm:

Edited by Six_Shooter

They apply to any vehicle transporting substances.

I don't understand why someone would want to make their nitrous bottle look like anything other than a nitrous bottle.

So instead of saying "NITROUS OXIDE" and having flames and whatever other stupid stuff on it, it's a little less noticeable.

And apparently my morning tea is violating OSHA guidelines or whatever you think applies since it's in an unlabeled mug.