HybridZ

Where to search to buy a 240z

hatepotholez

I tend to aimlessly drive through neighborhoods of the run down areas near me with a weather eye for parts of cars...

Seriously, I zeroed in on a car restoration place while the guy driving and watching his GPS was confounded on which way to turn due to an irregular address.

"Go This Way" How do you know? "I know My People!" As we drove up on the target vehicle, a VERY early Nissan Sunny 1000 I could see the rusty shapes through the hedge "It's here! It's here!" How are you sure? "Turn here, turn here, at this house's driveway, it's HERE!"

Turn the corner to find a Nissan Pao looking directly in front, but in the driveway (hidden from the road) was an S30 Rolling Chassis in Primer, and two pristine other cars in front of a double garage (that was deceptively deep we found out!) One was a 71 HS30H, the other a Four Door 71 Skyline Hakosuka, both ready to go for their Japanese Inspection.

ALWAYS keep a weather eye for related vehicles in yards, shrubbery, hanging out of barns... Even a discarded rim on trash day can lead to big things. Especially back east where there are hoarders worse than me!

I tend to aimlessly drive through neighborhoods of the run down areas near me with a weather eye for parts of cars...

Seriously, I zeroed in on a car restoration place while the guy driving and watching his GPS was confounded on which way to turn due to an irregular address.

"Go This Way" How do you know? "I know My People!" As we drove up on the target vehicle, a VERY early Nissan Sunny 1000 I could see the rusty shapes through the hedge "It's here! It's here!" How are you sure? "Turn here, turn here, at this house's driveway, it's HERE!"

Turn the corner to find a Nissan Pao looking directly in front, but in the driveway (hidden from the road) was an S30 Rolling Chassis in Primer, and two pristine other cars in front of a double garage (that was deceptively deep we found out!) One was a 71 HS30H, the other a Four Door 71 Skyline Hakosuka, both ready to go for their Japanese Inspection.

ALWAYS keep a weather eye for related vehicles in yards, shrubbery, hanging out of barns... Even a discarded rim on trash day can lead to big things. Especially back east where there are hoarders worse than me!

I always wondered, how people found cars through GPS.

I would say it depends on your budget. Last time I looked here or at classic z there were lots of rustfree/under 75k cars forsale. Some original some modified for $5-8000. Thou many seemed to be west coast, some closer to you. Think about expanding you search to other than 240's.

If you have the time and want a adventure, fly west and drive a old girl home. Did that with my brother when we were in college found a very nice 1 owner 67k '78. Drive was not fun but still have the car today, 20yrs later, still rust free.

It might take awhile, but you will find something.

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...