HybridZ

just have a hard time getting back into it

grumpyvette

I can so relate to that I am having the to-do list blues at least from times to times I spend a couple hour doing some work on the Z but its not always easy. I motivate myself by having a list on a drawing bord that I can cross stuff I did and I can then see when I get the blues that the list is getting smaller somehow. I watch the project mull videos to sometimes to tell myself that I have less work on my plate then him hehe.

I reached the money barrier :( I was loving tear down and cleaning process cuz it was going so fast, I had the car down to a shell in about two weeks. Now I can't get it sandblasted or dipped cuz it's expensive. I can't build the motor without machine work which is cheap, but can't get the machine work done without the rotating assembly (383 kit) which is expensive. So now I'm stuck

Long time, no see Grumpy.....welcome back.

I've found that getting a working drivetrain (or leaving one in that still runs) is a good motivator....even if the engine is just a placeholder.

I've also done a quick sanding and getting paint right over blemishes and rust to get the car one color (and possibly preview your color choice) that kept me motivated.

As long as you have made sure the surface is good for paint adhesion, you can fix the bad spots later and it's far better than a car sitting in primer.

• 2 weeks later...