HybridZ

Rota RB-R 17x9.5 on all 4, how large of tires will fit?

That picture is deceiving. The tire actually tucks under the flare, and can turn full lock to lock without touching. It will need to come up some. I mounted the top of the flare 3.75" above the center of the spindle. The camber in those pictures is about stock. I just installed camber plates, so that's where the camber is from.

It will need to come up some. I mounted the top of the flare 3.75" above the center of the spindle.

:blink: Wouldnt the center of the spindle need to be at least half the tire diameter from the top of the flare...like about 13 inches or so? And the spindle moves up and down in relation to the flare so is that measurement at ride height, compressed or full droop? It looks like you have the jack under the control arm in the pic...if you raise it by itself doesn't that compress the suspension more than static ride height before the car begins to lift off the jackstands?

:blink: Wouldnt the center of the spindle need to be at least half the tire diameter from the top of the flare...like about 13 inches or so? And the spindle moves up and down in relation to the flare so is that measurement at ride height, compressed or full droop? It looks like you have the jack under the control arm in the pic...if you raise it by itself doesn't that compress the suspension more than static ride height before the car begins to lift off the jackstands?

Excuse me, the 3.75" measurement was from the bottom of the fender (center front to back), and of course it tapered out from there.I actually cut 2.75-3"

Thanks bigdeez! :) For clarity, that top pic is with extra castor wound on, and before any trimming. The pic under it is drivable with castor returned to stock, and about an inch taken out of the front air dam (both the side, and the top flange section where it bolts to the body).

Dave

• 1 month later...

the P030-0032 bilsteins on stock valving with shortened strut tubes, coil overs sleeves, 10" eibach coils 250#F 275#R and camber plates/shock tops made from these... http://www.ebay.com/itm/MK1-Universal-Fit-Adjustable-Camber-Plates-Nissan-Datsun-240Z-260Z-280Z-200SX-/140759525954?hash=item20c5ebea42&vxp=mtr

the car is noticeably under sprung with these tires through the corners...just madness