HybridZ

New Possible wheel option

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tybee260

I am on stock suspension with cut springs at the moment (coilovers in a few months) and i will be cutting fenders and mounting the flares once i get the wheels/tires in my possession so they fit right.

I'm not sure if ill be stretching the tires. Maybe a slight stretch with a 255 or 265 but I'd rather use bamf flares and fill them in nicely with a decent tire and a proper spacer.

Tybe260 Cant say for sure but most likely anything less than a 1inch spacer will not work. The 2 inch spacer probably will with your stock suspension. In that case you'll need longer bolts. I'm not to sure of safety though. Theres lots of pros and cons using spacers but depends on what ur comfortable with I guess.

Yeah I was thinking about a 2" or 1.5" up front and a 1.5" out back. But, I'm gonna wait till wheels and flares are here to make sure the measurements are perfect.

As far as safety with spacers, kind of a counter-intuitive statement right there, I think I'm going to try a solution similar to this THREAD.

• 4 weeks later...

I've always really wanted 15's for my car... but I really like these and I keep worrying about whether or not the 15's I want will clear the brakes I want. I am planning on doing ZG flares though and I don't particularly want to run a huge spacer. In the picture you posted, do you have any spacers on? It looks like that would work great with a 1 inch spacer and ZG's. That is assuming there is no spacer there... I think anything over a 1.5" spacer is a little sketch... but I could just be naive. Anyways these are the coolest 17's I've seen that aren't a ridiculous price. I may end up going for these too, depending on how much spacer they need.

Edited by luseboy

Did you get a chance to slap some tires on those badboys? I want to see if they will fit or come close before I order mine

No tires yet, everyone is back-ordered on the ones I want :huh: so I'm just waiting to see which shop gets them in first....

I've always really wanted 15's for my car... but I really like these and I keep worrying about whether or not the 15's I want will clear the brakes I want. I am planning on doing ZG flares though and I don't particularly want to run a huge spacer. In the picture you posted, do you have any spacers on? It looks like that would work great with a 1 inch spacer and ZG's. That is assuming there is no spacer there... I think anything over a 1.5" spacer is a little sketch... but I could just be naive. Anyways these are the coolest 17's I've seen that aren't a ridiculous price. I may end up going for these too, depending on how much spacer they need.

I haven't ordered spacers yet, so in the pictures they are just mocked up against the studs. You might be able to get away with a 1.25" in the rear and 1.5" up front if you're running coilovers. That would give around 5.1" and 4.9" backspacing respectively.