HybridZ

240z Master Cylinder and Brake Booster

I have spent hours going through about fifty pages in the brake section looking for just a detailed installation of a 15/16" Master Cylinder and larger Brake booster in a 240z. I have a 1973 240z that I would like to put the Silver Mine Stage 3 front brake kit on and so far my only options are waiting for an elusive and expensive 280zx Master Cylinder or dropping close to $350 on a Wilwood 1" Master Cylinder and an unknown Brake Booster.

Could people who have cheaper alternatives please post links to the parts and maybe a quick guide. I really don't need a 1" cylinder and all of the current guides are not detailed.

Thank You

^They are not as cheap as they once were. A used one goes for about $100bucks now. Good luck find a reman one at any autoparts store.

I know about those, but I keep hearing from other people that the Reman ones dont actually fit correctly to a stock brake booster, but I will give them a try.

I have spent hours going through about fifty pages in the brake section looking for just a detailed installation of a 15/16" Master Cylinder and larger Brake booster in a 240z. I have a 1973 240z that I would like to put the Silver Mine Stage 3 front brake kit on...

Why do you think you need a larger brake booster? I have the equivalent of the Stage 4 kit, and the pedal effort is not substantially greater than my Luxo-cruiser '08 Accord Coupe by comparison. If anything, I find my Accord to be over-boosted and touchy. Besides, the '73 240Z already has a larger booster compared with the earlier models.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

Nigel, the information you are giving me is great, it is exactly what I am looking for. The problem is that my OEM brake booster and master cylinder need replacing along with most of the stock brake parts. Should I just get new ones or refurbish my old ones.

Okay I simply want to know if I can take a new 10" Booster I have from an '83 280zx laying around, and put the Master cylinder from the same car into my '73 240z (Manual, not Automatic) without any clearance issues. I here people say this works by rotating the booster to fit the firewall mounts without problems and I here other people say that it won't hookup without any difficult modifying. Which one is correct?