HybridZ

Rota RB wheel/tire choice '73 240Z

Hi,

Trying to get a set of street wheels/tires to replace slotted mags/sticky Kumhos that came on the car we bought for my son last last month. Long story short, I have scanned forums posts looking for just the right move before I drop coin on a set of wheels and tires. I was instructed by me cousin who instructs/races a 240Z up in the SAC area to run 15x7 '0' offset with 225/50/15 for the street or even 16x7 '0' with 205/50/16. Our 1st choice would be Panasports, but our budget is leaving us with Konig Rewinds or Rota RB's. My son prefers the Rota's so I found some 15x7 w/Falken ZE-912 at VEX Motorsports today for $866 cash OTD(4-5ml spacers/mtd/bal etc).

btw - car is lowered, but not slammed. No coilovers.

Thoughts? Should I stick with 0 offset? Falkens OK? Not as many choices in 225...

post-27130-010731300 1330472963_thumb.jpg

The Falken ZE912 is good. We had some and liked them. Here is a pic with 225/50-15 Falkens on VTO 15x7 +0 wheels.

post-4054-014007100 1330474505_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Looks nice :) . I saw that VTO had some of the only wheels out there with 0 offset, both style's very classic, I just wish they had the Classic 8's in gun metal.

I have two sets of 15x7 Rota RB's with a +4mm offset for my '70 240Z running a stock ride height. Silver with 225/50 Toyo RA1's for the track. Black with 205/60 Kumho Ecsta ASX for the street. The wheels are a terrific value from Racinglab.com up in Nor Cal.

I have two sets of 15x7 Rota RB's with a +4mm offset for my '70 240Z running a stock ride height. Silver with 225/50 Toyo RA1's for the track. Black with 205/60 Kumho Ecsta ASX for the street. The wheels are a terrific value from Racinglab.com up in Nor Cal.

Thanks! My deal actually fell through yesterday as the Rota's were not available for probably another month at VEX. Tried Racinglab and they are out too, they have a set but there's a deposit on them <_< .

Your son's car looks great. I wonder what his thoughts on Rota Grid Vs would be. They come in 15x7, 15x8 or 16x8.

They are cheaper and honestly really work on S30s. I had a set of RBs for years, but wish I had Vs since day one.

Check out: http://18racing.com/wheel_grid_v.html

They look to be readily available too. Just a thought.

Edited by DeLorean