HybridZ

Yahoo Japan Auctions

jdizzy204

I often find myself spending hours on end searching for parts on YJA but it can be daunting without at least a basic knowledge of japanese.

If you want to browse Yahoo Japan Auctions to look for parts, post up what you are looking for and I can give you the key words to search.

for example: Fairlady S30Z

フェアレディS3ï¼Z

Search here:

I usually search s30 or s30z and have purchased a few items. My brother is currently stationed in Yokosuka and my sister-in-law has helped me do this in the past. Her connection has moved and I now have moved to using Japamart...wish he was staying there a couple more years so I could visit!

Flights to Haneda are cheap this time of year. You can get restricted nonrefundables for under $800. do it inconjunction with the Oadiba Swap Meet or other event near the airport and your transportation costs are minimal. Have him rent a van through MWR for the time you're there.

Petrol is currently ¥140~153/L exchange rate 74.02 as of Friday. Set up a bank wire ahead of time so when you spend your legal carry on cash, you can get more sent (or better yet still, have it waiting for you when you arrive!!!)

Had I done the latter, my opportunity at Nostalgia 2Days would have been FAR more fruitful!

Next step: engaging a shipping company to crate and ship my booty homeward via sea freight. 1.5m X 1.5m X 2.5m crate runs about $500 to ship to LA, I would assume similar to Bayonne or Buffalo. Cost of the actual crate varies and can be as much as the shipping.

But if you happen to have a company sending large parts to the country in reusable crates and have access to them after their cargo is used... Well, you don't pay for the crate!

Making a list, checking it twice.

Gonna buy stuff that's really really nice!

Tony D is coming to town!

LOL

ã¼ãã¯æ—¥æœ¬èªžã‚’読ã¿ã¾ã™ã€‚ã§ã‚‚ã¨ãã©ã難ã—ã„ã§ã™ã‚ˆã€‚Even i find it hard and I minor in the bloody subject. Willing to help if needed though. To jdizzy204 alot of people find katakana hard. I deplore it myself.

I buy stuff from YJA sometimes. In order to do it, you do need a Japanese address and bank account so most people who want things from the states use a middle man or friend who lives in Japan. If you want something, I may be able to sort it out for you so please pm me.

I actually dont mind katakana or hiragana at all. Kanji is the fun part.

I wish, looked a couple months ago but both my kids want to go as well, making the trip very expensive. Just can't justify selfishly going on my own...

Flights to Haneda are cheap this time of year. You can get restricted nonrefundables for under $800. do it inconjunction with the Oadiba Swap Meet or other event near the airport and your transportation costs are minimal. Have him rent a van through MWR for the time you're there.

Petrol is currently ¥140~153/L exchange rate 74.02 as of Friday. Set up a bank wire ahead of time so when you spend your legal carry on cash, you can get more sent (or better yet still, have it waiting for you when you arrive!!!)

Had I done the latter, my opportunity at Nostalgia 2Days would have been FAR more fruitful!

Next step: engaging a shipping company to crate and ship my booty homeward via sea freight. 1.5m X 1.5m X 2.5m crate runs about $500 to ship to LA, I would assume similar to Bayonne or Buffalo. Cost of the actual crate varies and can be as much as the shipping.

But if you happen to have a company sending large parts to the country in reusable crates and have access to them after their cargo is used... Well, you don't pay for the crate!

Making a list, checking it twice.

Gonna buy stuff that's really really nice!

Tony D is coming to town!

LOL

That's what frequent flyer miles are for! And Holiday Inn points!

I about crapped myself when I found out the Convention Center for Nostalgia 2-Days was host to the Intercontinental... "Mr Okamura, we could have stayed HERE, and had a place to drag everything!" Oh no, Tony-San, VERY expensive!

"No, it's only 15,000 points a night. I got 861,000 points, we BOTH could have had some nice rooms and at most paid nothing more than $40 a night! Even YOUR boss would have signed off on that expense report!"

The look on his face was: :blink: REALLY?

Like if I'd had advance notice...maaaaaaaaaaaan! :P