HybridZ

280zx Oil cooler with AN fitting instead of banjo bolts

BluDestiny

So I just bought a stock oil cooler from autspot. Its complete but the main part I was interested in was the sandwich plate. I want to run SS lines to a setrab oil cooler in front of my radiator, not in the stock location.

I want to know if its possible to use standard to AN fittings instead of the banjo bolt setup. I haven't measured them yet, and I'm probably going to be heading to a local shop to see if they have something like that.

The only thing that I can find from searching is LanceVance's fittings, which he had welded on. I might do that as a last resort, but would rather replace it with a 1/2" (or whatever size it is) to -8AN fitting

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/98995-280zxt-oil-cooler-banjo-lines/

I've actually got another set of hard lines that will be welded with AN fittings, only this time at the end where the factory crimped on hose connected. After polishing and plating it should look pretty snazzy. The only reason I'm doing this is to have a factory-ish appearance, but with nice braided hose.

I do recall the thread size of the factory bolt being posted somewhere on HybridZ. The fittings weren't hard to find either...

Edit: Found it, stock should be M18x1.5!

Edited by LanceVance

• 1 month later...

Yes I did. I actually have had it installed for a month now I think.

Here are the adapters mentioned above (M18x1.5 to -8 adapter)

WP_000178.jpg

Oil cooler AN fittings

WP_000177.jpg

And the SS lines, I just ran them along the frame rail and behind the fuel lines, zip tied in place

WP_000180.jpg

WP_000181.jpg

Care to share the part numbers? Are you using the stock banjo bolts? I recall having a hard time finding banjo fittings in the factory size...

Sorry, I havet checked the this thread in a while. What I did was measure the thickness of the banjo bolts with calipers and ordered them from jegs. I even used the stock banjo on the turbo. Just standard banjo to an fittings. If I recall, one of the banjo fittings I ordered came with it's own bolt and I used that particular one on the big bolt that holds the oil plate to the block. Everything is working great.

• 9 months later...

Figured I would bump this thread to show off a project I've been working on.

Initially I used the factory banjo fitting and had -8 AN fittings welded on near the base of the fitting, removing most of the hard line. This worked, but put the lines at an awkward angle. It was mostly an aesthetic problem, but it bugged me enough that I decided to redo the whole thing with a new set of lines.

Here are the new lines:

IMG_20130227_181850_zpsb6ea0627.jpg

They still need a bunch of polishing, and eventually zinc plating, but they should look great with the black AN fittings and black braided lines I plan to use.