HybridZ

Lost or stripped captive nut in seat rail

Jasonmreiss

Soooo, when I installed my drivers seat, it seams that I have either lost or stripped the captive nuts in the seat rails. Both on the front and back mount closest to the door. There's a big enough hole in the front mount to reach up and feel, but I didn't feel a nut in there. On the back there's no holes to check. Any suggestions?

Soooo, when I installed my drivers seat, it seams that I have either lost or stripped the captive nuts in the seat rails. Both on the front and back mount closest to the door. There's a big enough hole in the front mount to reach up and feel, but I didn't feel a nut in there. On the back there's no holes to check. Any suggestions?

What type of car? Stock seat sliders?

It's the slider that I'm trying to bolt to the car. The seat and slider are together now. It just won't bolt into the rail on the floor board

The long stud that fits into the floor bracket is just spinning when you try to put a nut on it. Correct?

280Z rails and mounts are different from

the 240Z ones. Four bolts are required to bolt it down. The loss of the captive nuts will definitely make mounting your seats tricky. With the front one you might be able to get your hand in and hold a nut in place, but not sure how you're going to get a nut on the rear one though without cutting some holes. Good luck.