HybridZ

Is this a reliable guide??

MazerRackham

I just re-hosed 6 injectors using 5/16" (7.9 mm) Gates 225 psi (that was the rating, I don't know where it would ever be seen) FI hose from Baxter Auto. They're installed, with about 100 miles of running on them, no signs of leakage or weepage, not even the smell of gasoline with my nose right over the fitting. No clamps on the injector side, just the barb and ferrule (if that's the proper name). They went on nice and tight, with a good bulge at the barbs.

1/4" (6.3 mm) seems a little tight, that puts more strain on the hose, which could lead to earlier cracking with age, but would probably be fine with good quality hose, if you can get it jammed on to the barbs.

I've seen 7.5 mm printed on what looked like factory hose. That's probably the ideal, design size, since these are metric devices. A little too tight or a little too loose, or search around and probably pay more money for 7.5 mm hose.

I just re-hosed 6 injectors using 5/16" (7.9 mm) Gates 225 psi (that was the rating, I don't know where it would ever be seen) FI hose from Baxter Auto. They're installed, with about 100 miles of running on them, no signs of leakage or weepage, not even the smell of gasoline with my nose right over the fitting. No clamps on the injector side, just the barb and ferrule (if that's the proper name). They went on nice and tight, with a good bulge at the barbs.

1/4" (6.3 mm) seems a little tight, that puts more strain on the hose, which could lead to earlier cracking with age, but would probably be fine with good quality hose, if you can get it jammed on to the barbs.

I've seen 7.5 mm printed on what looked like factory hose. That's probably the ideal, design size, since these are metric devices. A little too tight or a little too loose, or search around and probably pay more money for 7.5 mm hose.

Thanks brother! I appreciate your help!