HybridZ

R200 LSD build questions

ZBURNER

Hello HybridZ community, I've been doing research on building my 78 280Z's rear-end and I just wanted to double check my parts list to see if I'm missing something or if nothing will even bolt up ha.

Anyway here's my projected build:

Quaife - Nissan R200 ATB Helical LSD differential QDF7L

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120734421263?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_664wt_1396

Billet 280ZXT CV Adaptor, 70-78 Z from MM

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=63

280ZXT CV halfshafts

I appreciate the plug. That said, I haven't actually checked the 280ZXT shafts for bind. Dave Irwin told me that he had to disconnect his LCA to get the shaft installed which isn't a good sign, but it would still need to be checked to be sure that there is a problem. If they don't bind, then there wouldn't be much difference in those vs the 300ZXT shafts. The 300ZXT shafts are stronger, but broken 280ZXT shafts are not very common. As long as this isn't a drag car, he'll probably be OK.

I do believe that Joe can get the 280ZXT adapters, and given the threads about how hard it is to get a hold of MM, buying adapters from Joe would be a good idea.

My mistake on the shafts. 280ZXT in to a 280Z is what the OP is doing, same body styles.

Dave Irwin was using 280ZXT shafts in a 240Z, correct? But using the MM adapters. Odd that that wouldn't slide in, since the MM adapter package is made from 280Z parts, I believe.

Still trying to get all of the mix and match stuff right, myself.

Dave Irwin was using 280ZXT shafts in a 240Z, correct? But using the MM adapters. Odd that that wouldn't slide in, since the MM adapter package is made from 280Z parts, I believe.

Actually, I should keep my mouth shut. I'm realizing that I don't know if he was using MM adapters or if he did the 280ZXT companion flanges like Pete Paraska described years ago. Regardless, the 280ZXT is a different chassis with totally different suspension, so the idea that something fits on that chassis doesn't mean that it will fit on an S30.