HybridZ

Lost torque or bad gears....

So I've fixed many of the major problems that I've had with the car since I bought it. Now it starts first second I crank it. Best sound on the planet. Since I watered down the coolant, and switched the oil to this I don't feel like I have the same pickup that I used to. I was driving back from my girlfriends house, and first time I drove with her in this car we were able to fly through 4th uphill and into 5th. This time my baby 280z felt like she was stuck in the 3-4 thousands RPM rev range when I was going uphill. Perhaps I was being more agressive with the gears when I first bought her, riding third into the yellows before switching which is probably around the 5 thousand RPM in 4th. Could it be that the brand new injectors aren't as good as my old leaky OEM's? Oil?

I also know the 5th gear on my tranny is completely shot. It will switch into 5th and maintain power but it feels like my rear wheels are riding on rocks. Very shaky/tumbly sound feeling. Could it be that my other gears are also slowly going and since I've been riding her harder and harder I'm feeling it more than I used to?

On a flat does it get stuck at 3-4k? and is it only in 4th?

How long have you been DD it/ has it sat?

Oil is not likely unless you are really using the wrong type of oil, something super thick. I'm assuming you put in 20-50w

When I got my friends car running he bought brand new injectors. Put them on and it ran fine for 2 weeks, then it started sucking hard core.

The gas tank literally had gel in it from gas that was more than 6 yrs old. We didn't think much of this because the PO said it was empty, so we had to put 5 gal in it anyway. The get somehow made it to the injectors, and they needed to be cleaned. The flow was horrible, like 110 per injector and one was actually clogged. Everything had to be redone in the fuel system.

I haven't followed all your posts so I can't really say.

Also doesn't sound like your other gears are going( yet) since its not "rocky" as you put it.

Maybe you're developing a speed tolerance.

818 Post Count. The only post count worth developing.

@BluDestiny: That is probbably it. It accelerated like NO OTHER when I put in the injectors brand new like a week ago, and they're already sucking like the old ones. I'm going to put in a new fuel filter, and call up the guys in California. They said these injectors were warrantied for a year, so I'll see if they can do a test and re-clean them. How can I check that my injectors haven't been gel'd up like your friends? Pop them out, pop out the basket? I don't want my car to sit another day without being driven! ITS FINALLY SUMMER!!!

Its been my DD for the better part of a month and a half, two months?

Edited by MazerRackham