HybridZ

77 Steering Wheel Mod

ZeeNoEvil

My Daughter hated the looks of the stock steering wheel. After searching for a new one, they were either too expensive, too small, or "I don't like that one". I decided to make the original look better.

Basically it was the couch pillow horn button and the rather bland looking spokes that I attempted to do something about. Every thing was made with the use of a Bridgeport mill (can only wish I had a lathe). I kept the "Z" logo from the original horn button. 0207.jpg

P4050170.jpg

Thanks all for your kind words. I would love to make a couple dozen of these if only I had a lathe, It's way to time consuming and awkward to turn parts with a mill. I think there might be a market for this if someone was set up to do it. Wasn't someone on here making small billet aluminum parts a while back? Maybe they would be better set up to do this. Ideas are free and sharing them is the right thing to do. It what makes this site what it is. I also made some door lock knobs from scrap TV tower reinforcement rods.