HybridZ

Rear ARB - yes? no?

For a long time I've been a 'no rear ARB for circuit use' advocate, perhaps because my early experiences were with a car that would lose the back end without warning, because my Z has a Torsen type LSD and because for an amateur driver understeer is comfortable. And because Caroll Smith says so :) While the present no rear ARB setup is fast it also seems a bit dead and boring, relatively, sort of.

What I was thinking of doing was fit a rear ARB and then jack up one rear suspension unit to see if the other wheel would still stay on the deck so the Torsen could still do it's thing and, if so, give it a go. Video below at 0.45 and 1.45 shows the most pushy corner. And yes, the driver could do better, I know :)

I keep trying to put one back on my SX but always end up taking it back off. I have sure wondered which way is best with a Z. I could see a stock rear with a larger front might be worth trying.

Or an adjustable rear on a soft setting might be worth a shot.