HybridZ

MSA KAMEARI METAL HEAD GASKET

J240ZTurbo

"Model Restrictions:

Gasket is for non-turbo applications only, and NOT for use with L-6 Turbo Heads (P90, P90A) as some oil passages would be blocked."

Read it...

the later turbo blocks are laid out a bit different.

Question does any body know why this wont work on a l28et?

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/PRC16/10-2455

If it's only oil passage hole issues between them...then sounds like a drill press is in order. Isn't that what we do? Modify and Hybrid-ize to make it work?

Lay out an head gasket, mark the metal one, and modify to suit.

does Kameari makes one for the l28et?

and where can I find one to buy?

I don't quite understand the MSA listing. They say for all L6 from 70-83, which includes the F54 block (used for all turbo L28). The P79 head used for NA applications with the F54 block has the same coolant and oil passages as the P90 head that came on the turbo motors.

From my experience, the Kameari gasket has holes for all head block combos. Another option is Tomei. Or, if you are not running over 15psi, just use an OEM gasket. The MSA listing may be for an old stock of 1mm Kameari gaskets. The one I installed last year worked fine for my F45/E31 combo.

I don't quite understand the MSA listing. They say for all L6 from 70-83, which includes the F54 block (used for all turbo L28). The P79 head used for NA applications with the F54 block has the same coolant and oil passages as the P90 head that came on the turbo motors. From my experience, the Kameari gasket has holes for all head block combos. Another option is Tomei. Or, if you are not running over 15psi, just use an OEM gasket. The MSA listing may be for an old stock of 1mm Kameari gaskets. The one I installed last year worked fine for my F45/E31 combo.

Same here. The oil passages are the same. Thats why various heads and blocks can be used together.

i just got my 90.5mm bore 1mm thick mls stopper (bead) type turbo head gasket from Kameari today! I've been talking to Misano for about a month now, and we've been back and forth with Kameari japan to see if i can use this gasket for my turbo F54 block p90 head (l28et) and the engineers at Kameari said yes.

the head gasket is not on the site, just give Misano Motorsports a call and ask about the turbo mls gasket for the L6.

• 2 weeks later...

oh hey just an update on my progress with this gasket. Which has set me back to getting my head redone...

NO, this will not work on the F54 and p90 heads. my camshaft is smoked due to blocked oil passages.

my fix, is having Misano pay for the new custom turbo Isky Camshaft, which was ruined, along with new Rocker arms that was destroyed a result of their poor recommendations, then running a stock Head Gasket with a liberal amount of copper head gasket sealer.

Do not buy that gasket for the L28et.

Edited by sqweekykneecap