HybridZ

Getting charge but blinkers lights drop the rpms?? Help

Hello,

The Problem, indicators (blinkers) make engine rpms pulse, up and down at idle. Turning on lights, makes the fuel pump pulse too, as if too much of a draw on system.

The car, 2.8 with electric fan in a 72 240z fans hooked up on relay direct to bat triggerd by accesory power, 240z alternator with standard original open back regulator, 1 amp inline fuse on yel wire to alt, inline fuse on starter to alt b+ good, fuel pump is a holley red run through the stock inline fuse. All lights and signals work fine, just pulsing with engine rpm when on?

What's the culprit here?

Diagnose procedure?

Car drives fine, engine performs excellent, getting 14.3 at the batt, but the rpms pulse at stop with blinkers (indicator pulses)

Regards.

Edited by datsunguyforlife

Yeah those fans are a big draw, I even have this problem when I have everything on on my ZX (HID's, Blower fan on full, dual lectric fans, stereo system) and I am using a "turbo" alternator. I really think its still the 60amp model that autozone just has the same part number for but I don't have a multimeter to check.

Yeah those fans are a big draw, I even have this problem when I have everything on on my ZX (HID's, Blower fan on full, dual lectric fans, stereo system) and I am using a "turbo" alternator. I really think its still the 60amp model that autozone just has the same part number for but I don't have a multimeter to check.

Thought that might be the case. Another question what's the advantage of the internal regulated 60 amp zx alt over day putting in a new napa 60 amp 240z alt while still maintaining the original style external voltage regulator ?? Thanks again guys! Great replies.

I still seem to notice a drop with blinkers even after doing the parking light relay upgrade, upgrading my headlights to HIDs with their own relays, I'm running pretty much nothing else in the car at the moment and I'm running well it's supposed to be a rebuilt 280ZX Turbo alternator. I notice that the dash lights will kind of dim and brighten with the blinkers. Battery cables and connections are new, clean, tight. Alternator belt is nice and tight. It's not bad, but noticeable.