HybridZ

l28et swap LEAN!

Hi all. Im having some issues with my swap. It consists of a l28et, stock ecu stock harness, pallnet o-ringed fuel rail bigger injectors ,i think they are around 260cc. po installed them and dosent remember what size. Says they are bigger then stock but around 260cc. bigger garret turbo. intercooler, aftermarket fuel pump,msd coil, innovate afr guage, 60mm tb and stock afm. bout it for the build. Ok it idols wayyy lean. (22.4) max on the afr guage. and for the most part is lean until u really open it up then it starts to richen up. but hardly gets near 12.0 it also seem to fall on its face and stumbles and back fires alot when you accelarate hard. other times it gets into boost well. I set the timing at 23 btdc. new pluggs. Alao did all the ohm tests i could find in the FSM and my afm and head temp sensor all check out well.Along with the grounds. Ive read that if you remove the connector as the car is running from the HTS it will go into a "closed loop mode" and not read from the AFM or the HTS. In turn it will richen up. Well it dosent do a damn thing haha. i did check all the connections at the ecm. i did the ohm tests there too at the ecm pluggs for the componets. All ok. my fuel pressur is around 30 at idol, i can adjust it no prob to run higher or lower.Tried it and no difference. As i rev it the pressure will rise a bit too . im holding about 10psi of vaccume on my boost guage. Im only running about 7-8 psi boost. I need some help on this. Thanks . i will add any need to know info upon request so dont yell if i dident put it in the first post. thanks again

Edited by 240z7273

thanks for the quick replys.

BLOZ UP: what about when im just idoling. it show 22.4 maxed out..also i can rev the motor a bit and it dose richen up but its still lean.. only shows like 18 17 maby 16 sometimes. it will only back fire if i really get on it or am creeping up a hill..only time ive seen it near 12 13 is when im about 4k and somewhat into the pedal cruzing then it will go lean agian once i reached my speed and just want to cruz.

cgsheen: i did calibrate it by the book when i first installed it. I will recalibrate it again. Once i do that i will post my results.

Thanks again for the ideas.

Ok i reinstalled my stock fuel rail and injectors. i found out that the injectors i was using were not able to be ran by my stock ecu. I also notcied when i put a towel over my exhaust my ratieo would richen up to normal specs or atleast the ame as a fellow members specs of the same sensor and swap. i belive i installed my bung wrong and the sensor is too far from the exhaust gasses. i will reinstall the o2 sensor deeper into my exhaust pipe and let you know how it goes. i also found my BOV was gummed up bad and not closing upon purging. i have yet to test the new rail and fixes ive done so far so i will report once i do a raod test. excuse my mishap with the instalation of the wideband. Thnks for your help btw.

ya me too now that ive gone threw the troubleshooting enough. I belive the bung i installed was too far out from the exhaust stream. im going to re do the bung and try and get the sensor deeper into the stream.

update. i reinstalled the wideband bung and now am getting great readings. 14-16 at idol and around 12 under normal boost. im not running quite well. im still having problems with backfiring and what feels like the motor cutting out under hard acceleration. i do have an external wastgate. it seems to happen when the thing opens, never befor. honestly not liking it much, never have really. for the external wastegate that is. i have it set to open about 8 psi. i dont want to push more then that. how can i check this out to be shur its opening at the right time? it runs well until i want to get on it. it really is bad out of first and second gear. if im cruzing in third i can floor it and the gate will open and away i go with no problems. this is really my last complante with this car the it will be a steady runner.