HybridZ

Reco carbs so nice i have to show them

I try to explain that to people, there is a 50 manifold, a 45, and in the JDM a 40 as well! It can be baaad porting because you grabbed one and didn't realize it!

Those 50mm Manifolds are monsters!

" But on a L28 they are for drag race only power from 6000 to 10000 with 50mm carbs or itb."

OK, if that Drag Strip is 8 miles long and covered in salt...tongue.gif

I actually have some heads ported by one of the Top Porters in Japan in the late 80's early 90's which sound a lot like your P90, 40mm at the head flange... yeah, 50mm Solexes all the way on that baby!

(Or, this special turbo setup I know of... wink.gif )

Edited by Tony D

50mm SOLEXES. 50mm of the best ,the sound off these at 8000rpm in top gear is just to much for some ,

Im one of them , just the other day i was out in a 360hp L33 at top rpm and i was in heaven

And yes the ports are 40mm at the head flange face , a 39mm valve will fall thro the port and go thro the valve seat .

Edited by PMC raceengines

50mm SOLEXES. 50mm of the best ,the sound off these at 8000rpm in top gear is just to much for some ,

Im one of them , just the other day i was out in a 360hp L33 at top rpm and i was in heaven

And yes the ports are 40mm at the head flange face , a 39mm valve will fall thro the port and go thro the valve seat .

Sure would love to hear that in a video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, considering the completeness of the kit they supply, along with a nice Japanese 50MM manifold and not some dodgy Lynx or Piper that is pretty cheap. You will spend that much for TWM Stuff that isn't as big, and more!sad.gif