HybridZ

Turbo 1970 240z

I've been a huge lurker on these forums for the past year but I've decided I might as well post a little about me and my car.
I just graduated from highschool a couple weeks ago so I've got alot of time on my hands right now...

I have a 1970 240z, when I first started driving it and working on it, it had a L28, triples, headers, and exhaust.
This was it sometime in november last year:
0VHtK.jpg
bOjRV.jpg

Come january I finally convinced my dad to let me do an engine swap so I went out and bought my very first car, a 1981 280zx turbo wrecked non-op.
RsaGk.jpg

Then this spring I did an engine swap in my Z.
qyKx4.jpg
PQNiH.jpg
aCmOf.jpg
MpCAo.jpg
fXsTy.jpg
rDa2e.jpg
voghq.jpg
473477_10150867103651483_1552863080_o.jp
photo_37.jpg

Balanced, rebuilt L28ET
Jim Wolf Technology ECU
420cc injectors
Cobra MAF & dropping resistors
.50 Garrett turbo
70mm TB
5-speed
R200 rear end
Tokico Illumina struts and springs

Edited by iwayman

Did you fit an intercooler?

Regarding your fuel pressure regulator, I'm a bit surprised you use a RRFPR in concert with the Jim Wolf Z31 ECU; with 420cc injectors and the custom ECU you should not have to play boost tricks on the pressure regulation.

Yes I also have an intercooler.

I actually only got this car running two weeks ago. So I havent played with the rrfpr. Alot of turbo engine mods were from the PO of my zxt, including the rrfpr. i'm mostly using my universal fpr, id run my stock one but it leaks so i tossed on my spare adjustable.

My old exhaust:

First start:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Done did work. Sadly it's going back into storage for the next six months since I am heading back to college this weekend.

yVjzD.jpg

O7hWI.jpg

LKLnB.jpg

Vhl3S.jpg

Planning on reworking my shaved manifold, getting it blasted, and then polishing it; Borg warner t-5; possibly NA camshaft; and maybe some DSI plug wires.