HybridZ

Disclaimer: This thread contains "fake" wheels. I've read it all before, unsafe, disrespectful to originals, etc... if you want to preach do it elsewhere.

I just thought I'd share some pics of XXR 531's on a 240z. I pre-ordered them in December and FINALLY recieved them in June! I got them in Chromium Black 16X8 0offset wearing 205-50-16. Chromium black actually comes out as a back grey, I like it. My only complaints are that I wish I got them in 15's instead, I miss my meaty tires from my old set up; 215-60-14. Also the lug holes are way too small, the lugsocket that came with my lugnuts don't fit, I have to use a regular long socket which just barely fits.

Overall I'm happy with the final outcome. However they are just a temporary set up for now. I'll probably go for something I little more "designer" in the future.

Here are some iPhone pics...

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
2.8 megs is way to large. Please resize before posting.

Those look great! Been eyeing those myself as a replacement for the swats that are on my car now. Maybe one day and can justify the expense of having a set of SSR's made for my car but for now I may spruce I up a bit with the XXR's.

I have read several comments on the "fake" wheels. I have a set of Boze 3 pc forged pro touring wheels on my 1971 Camaro that I paid way to much $$$ for.

Let me say that it's ridiculous to spend that much money on wheels for a car that you are going to drive and enjoy!!!!!!!!!! I also bought a set of the XXR 531's for my S30 but like a dummy I ordered +20 and had to send them back and I'm currently waiting for the correct wheels to arrive. Looking forward to driving the **** out of my Datsun with these wheels on it. Your car looks great!!

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a set for $440 from a private seller NIB(they didn't fit his civic, too wide)! They are hyper silver but my buddy is painting the center section gold for me ! I'll be running 245/50/16 in the rear and 225/50/16 in the front.

Edited by Daz

• 2 months later...

I am goin to get the gloss black 531 in 16x8 0 offset with tax return. I have always loved the ccw classics but for the price of one ccw rim I can get all 4 xxr's of course I can't get the exact size I want but the xxrs will do , I might add some spacers to.them but we will see when I get them.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome! Daz... it looks like your wheels stick out a bit, or maybe it's just the angle? Slight poke = ZG flare worthy, that's not a bad thing. Thinking about it, maybe it's the 245 tires that give it that slight poke? I have the 16x8 +0 and with 205-50's they actually sit pretty close to flush with the fender. 1.5-2" lower + fender rolling should put it in a nice stance.

I just checked and it looks like they have 16X9 +0 slated for early 2013... which probably means people will have them by mid 2013 lol. Oh wow, even further down on nlmotorings website, they are going as big as 19's for 2013!!! I may have to pick up a set for my c230 dd!! LOL

(Looks like my OP got pwnd. I'll have to resize my pics and re-upload them.)

• 3 months later...

(Looks like my OP got pwnd. I'll have to resize my pics and re-upload them.)

Yes, please re-upload when you get a chance.  Based on the positive comments in this thread and the possible group buy, it'd be nice to see how they look.  Thanks.