HybridZ

260z owner new to the forum

Hi guys, my names red. like the title states I'm new to the forum, and also new to forums in general. I've been on a few forums but I tend to just use them for info on cars I'm working on. I'm a new owner of datsun 260z. I bought it off of an older gentleman who had parked it for 15 years. I have just gotten it running and went out for a testdrive. After 5 minutes of driving I blew out the clutch slave cylinder. I've been figuring out what had happen and still cant find the answer. Possibly one of you can help me or point me in the right direction. I believe its creating to much clutch pressure. I was told the clutch fork was fine. I'm not really sure where to go from here whenever I bleed the clutch it just sucks all the fluid out of the clutch master cylinder. Even though it does this I've bleed air out, I continuevto bleed then and there is no air coming out when bleeding. I bought a 5 speed and want to swap it in Is there something else happening? Is there already a thread I haven't found talking about this any input or help is greatly appreciated.I

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Please Resize Images to: 1024 x 768 pixels or close, before placing on HZ.

Check the clutch master cylinder for leaking inside the car at the pedal assembly. Check the slave cylinder hose for cracking/leaking. Bleed the clutch master cylinder first, keep fluid in the cylinder while bleeding, then bleed the clutch slave cylinder.

Edited by dexter72

Have you replaced the slave cylinder? You didn't say.

If the car sat for 15 years then the wheel brake cylinders and the front calipers are ready to blow also, along with the brake master cylinder. In case you haven't already replaced them.

A car that has sat for 15 years will need to have clutch and brake hydraulic parts renewed. Do not use junkyard hydraulic parts.

Clutch: Save yourself future problems and just replace the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder at the same time. Do a search on how to bleed your clutch hydraulics in the drivetrain section.

Brakes: For old cars you should inspect the brake system. In the interest of reliability and safety, I prefer to rebuild the brake system before driving an old car that has sat for a long time. This includes new wheel cylinders, calipers, brake hoses (steel braided), master cylinder, pads, shoes etc. Check that your brake booster is functional. If suspect repalce it. If you are not familiar with Datsun brakes you will need to buy Haines manual and research the HybridZ Brake Section.

All of the parts you need are available from Motorsports Auto (MSA) and Black Dragon.

Edited by Miles