HybridZ

Best quality weather strip kit

stav2201

Im doing a full restore on my 1975' 280z and i need new weather stripping for the windshield, hatch, hatch seal, and quarter windows. Anyone have any experience with this website and their product? http://www.zcarsource.com/weatherstrip-set-door-windshield-hatch-glass-70-78-coupe-new_8_54961_197416.html

From what i have read blackdragon offers good deals but their kits are not the best of quality. I dont want to pay an arm and a leg for weather stripping, but i dont want to get garbage. In your guys opinion, what is the best bang for your buck or which company's offer the best product.

I would really appreciate the help.

I bought the MSA kit looks pretty good its made at the Precision replacement parts.com manufacture. Ill let you know how it goes but they were pretty expensive I just didn't want start messing with parts I didn't know if it would fit proper or not.

I have used the MSA kit on two 240Z projects. The door seals would not allow the doors to close and the hatch glass seal was deformed in one corner such that it would just slip off the glass. For the doors I used door seals from Pep Boys (there are better choices such as McMaster-Carr - do a search). For the hatch glass I bought an OEM seal from Courtesy Nissan. All of the other seals worked fine.

Courtesy Nissan: http://www.courtesyp...cPath=7724_7747&

Edited by Miles

I have used the MSA kit on two 240Z projects. The door seals would not allow the doors to close and the hatch glass seal was deformed in one corner such that it would just slip off the glass. For the doors I used door seals from Pep Boys (there are better choices such as Grainger - do a search). For the hatch glass I bought an OEM seal from Courtesy Nissan. All of the other seals worked fine.

Courtesy Nissan: http://www.courtesyparts.com/1970-1973-240z-air-conditioning-kit-r134-freon-p-228048.html?cPath=7724_7747&

I bookmarked that link in case I have issues with my MSA weatherstripping I have yet to put in.

My only question is on Courtesy Nissan's site, why is the passenger side door seal more than double the price of the driver's side???

I bookmarked that link in case I have issues with my MSA weatherstripping I have yet to put in.

My only question is on Courtesy Nissan's site, why is the passenger side door seal more than double the price of the driver's side???

Most likely the higher cost is driven by low supply/availability. There are several options available for door seals. The McMaster-Carr door seal is cheap, fits well and allows the doors to close. TheMcMaster-Carr P/N is given in the Hybrid forums.

For example: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/83080-new-weatherstrip-alternative/page__hl__1120a33

Edited by Miles

I used the company on eBay, they sell alot of weather stripping, and I got the windshield and hatch glass weather stripping and I couldn't be happier, the price was very cheap also in my opinion.. Only 55$ I was very pleased, I strongly suggest it to anyone.

P.s stores called "amautoparts" just typed in 240/280z weather, and it popped up.

• 2 weeks later...

I just called safelite window repair and they said that they can

-Supply a new windshield

-Aftermarket weather stripping (that fits the chrome borders)

-Install both for $300.00

I thought that was a pretty good deal but i am kind of afraid of the quality of the weather stripping, anyone know anything about this company and how good of a job they do or what kind of weather stripping they supply?

• 7 months later...