HybridZ

Newest NJ LS swap

• 3 weeks later...

Project update? What was the cost and time delay on that exhaust system? The "long" tube headers that 1tuffz had made were supposed to be 36" but wound up being about 24" long. Yours are 29". Was your choice based on some performance data or were you limited by what would practically fit into the car?

Dave got the car back from the exhaust shop in about two weeks. I couldn't tell you the cost though.

Unfortunately, less than a week after he got the car back it was flooded in hurricane Sandy. He is assessing the damage, but the car was under sea water up to the bottom of the dashboard. Luckily it was on jackstands or it could have been much worse. From what I understand no water got in the engine or to the electronics and the power steering still works. I know he's turned the engine over and it seems to be fine.

That said, the entire interior has to come out and most of the sensitive areas of the chassis have been submerged in seawater...

The complete exhaust was just under 4k. It was started on a Monday and finished on Friday of the same week. Length was determined purely by space limitations and ease of installation/removeal.

Although hurricane Sandy did take 4 vehicles from the owner, the Z was not one of them as he did take precautions to protect it and all of his collectable motorcycles. Once we take care of this mess, I'll post more about the car.

Thanks for your generous offer, Keith. I'll let Dave know and have him contact you directly to discuss.

Joe

Edited by rags

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello and greetings from Little Ferry N.J. Dave here to update the status of my post Hurricane Sandy status. Despite taking 5 feet of water at home with 4 feet in the garage, the LS2 Magnuson Supercharged 73 240 z is alive and well. Had the car way up on jackstatnds and took on water up to the shifter. Had the forethiught to seal up the 3 day old american racing headers dual stainless exhaust so no water in there, none in the engine and some in the trans No water to the dash or the electric power steering. After the third day when the water receeded enough to get out of my house ,I rented a few pick up trucks and a transporter and immediately got the car up on the transporter and started to powerwash and dry it out.Drain, flush and repeat. New starter and alternator, o2 sensors and 2 new electric fans. After cleaning and lubing I completely gutted the interior. Super cleaned and coated then complete dynamat and all new interior with new power window motors and fuse panel.Complete carpet and jute, custom installed. Car is in beter shape than before the storm. Aligned and corner balanced,tuned and dyno tested. With the limiter set at 6400 with 6lbs at the supercharger my girl pulls 502 bhp at the rear wheels at 6350 rpms and 458lb ft of torque at 4200 rpms. The LS2 has another 30+ hp on tap if pushed to 7k but the guys didnt want to blow her up...(.pussies!) but trust me, I dont need it! Quite difficult to describe as it sounds like NACCAR on my block! F F F F Fast! Exhaust is beyond my expectations. Wanna thank everyone for voicing their concerns about my situation, but everything is fine. one word... INSURANCE! Thank you State Farm for sendind gigantic checks my way.As soon as I figure out how to post pictures on this thing or a link to skydrive I will along with a bit of video. All that left are the tower braces and vintage air install and wire the tunes....piece of cake. Thanks to Joe Ragno and Clive for their help and support and thank you to my therapist for the Zanex!1 Ha ha...ya gotta laugh cause it beats the shit outta cryin! See u all soon!