HybridZ

Black Bumpers?

Ranger1316

I'm going to be painting my 280Z the original silver color but I'm trying to decide what to do with the bumpers.

I have a 240Z Rear and a 260Z Front with a 240Z valence and BRE chin spoiler.

I was thinking I'd paint the bumpers gloss black while leaving the valance and spoiler silver.

I keep thinking painting everything body color will blend everything in too much. I'm also going to paint the center section of the hood gloss black like my Wrangler...

cimg3012.jpg

Just looking for some input and other suggestions I hadn't thought of...

The original silver is a little light for those black accents in my opinion. You could defiantly pull it off, but more attention would be on the gloss black.

The original silver looks good with chrome, if it was darker then it would be perfect with gloss black.

But I bet someone has done this already and will post a pic of a sweet looking Z with a bright silver and black bumpers.

Also Props on owning a Wrangler and an S30. I do too!

Thanks man, my dad and I built it from the ground up. I got a lot of practice for all the rust repair and body work the Z needs lol

3708dc0e.jpg

I would paint the Z a darker shade or maybe a Gunmetal color but the jams and engine bay are in decent shape. It's the single stage paint job that's flaking off the exterior that I want to take care of...