HybridZ

Snappin necks and cashin checks

I'm going to start a thread on my 73 240Z. I found this car in South Carolina, I am the third owner. The guy I bought it from had it sitting in his shop With the carburetors off for a year. It hardly has any rust, just the battery tray is bad. To date, I have changed the 240 original engine out with an 81 280 ZX engine. The original engine had a stuck valve, and bent the first time I started it up. Eventually I will get a built engine to put into this car, right now I am just making it road worthy. This is a great car for me because I wanted to make this my own creation... one day it will be a badass Z!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my maxima flat brackets in the mail today, taking them to the machine shop tomorrow and getting them cut to fit my hub. Once that is done, I will do more measurements to make sure the calipers are centered on the rotor before milling down the mounting surfaces for the offset. Pics will follow.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I decided to start rebuilding and cleaning my Triple Mikuni's, and I should have my rear disc conversion completed this week as long as my homework does not get in the way. First, I have to take the the intake and get one of the throttle linkage mounts welded, it broke during shipping (but I got a GOOD refund back from Fedex), and then I will be looking to get that powder coated. I just wanted to post a pic of my carbs before I started working on them. I bought the full rebuild kits from Wolf creek racing (Dang, and I thought SU parts were expensive), Todd is a pretty good man, I sent him pics of these carbs and he sent me what I needed to make them like new, no hassles. I will post more pics of completed projects... :2thumbs:

post-28823-072209000 1350261065_thumb.jpg

Edited by daddydonuts

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to add some pics of my intake for my Triple Mikuni's. I found someone locally that does powder coating at very reasonable prices, Jesse 706-905-4000, he is located in Waverly Hall, GA (next to Fort Benning)...so if you are close to this area give him some business. I should have my intake completed today and I am using Hot candy blue (powder by the pound color), and I will post some pics of the completed intake later.

After sand blasting

post-28823-035957100 1352126864_thumb.jpg

Primered, ready for some color

post-28823-091995600 1352126852_thumb.jpg