HybridZ

Rowing some gears

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man seeing that makes me want to give in and go SRA more and more. Did the CV survive other than the tore boot? Cause if you have to get another CV from the drive shaft shop that is going to be an expensive repair. Does someone sell billet, or the like, inner stub axles? I know MM sells the 280z outer stub axles but don't see the inner stub axles anywhere. Do you think yours was just wore out cause I don't think I've seen anyone else break the inner stub? That sucks though man, you were definitely about to break 6.xx, that thing is getting down!

-Will

You know what the next step is, you just don't want to do it. 8.8 or 9 inch SRA. Or an automatic swap. Either fix the weak links or swap out the weak link breaker(Damn clutch cars...)

-Willfor

Yeah. I just love the handling with an IRS. I'd LOVE to get in some curves with this. however, this year is mostly over for the drivers in my climate. winter is fast approaching.

Yeah, I've already got a list of winter projects. When you get a chance please show and tell more about your launch control systems. I was thinking about a cam this winter but your trouble makes me shy away from making more power. I may focus on handling and make next summer an autocross year. I've got a few more trips to the strip this year before I call my "summer of the z" over. Love your videos. Wfritts, take another look at that photo and you'll see what's up. Just yesterday I saw a whole q45 package in our classifieds for 400 bucks. That's what coltgt45 was running into the 6s. Some of his was t56 before going to t350.

Haha sorry. We didn't get back from the track till almost 3 AM, so i slept kinda late. Yep, and the other half of the broken axle is still in the hole, so no worries there. I had the tires at 14# cold.

I have to give a HUGE shout out to my buddy Kyle at 1320video. He put together this video (from two weeks ago). If you dont know who 1320 is, GET WITH THE PROGRAM. :lol:

Just watched the vid. Reminds me of when I drove the green Z in the vid I posted from California to Texas. I ripped out half the sound system so I could fit my luggage + the ET Streets, one in the back and one on the passenger seat lol!

Does your 2-step deactivate at the top of the clutch pedal travel, or when you first come off the floor? Does your line-lock release have the same release switch, or is it independently controlled? From the video it looks like you had a line-lock working back when you were running those 7.11s, or was that left foot braking on the burn-out?

Does your 2-step deactivate at the top of the clutch pedal travel, or when you first come off the floor? Does your line-lock release have the same release switch, or is it independently controlled? From the video it looks like you had a line-lock working back when you were running those 7.11s, or was that left foot braking on the burn-out?

All those runs were on the foot brake. I had some issues on friday, so half the passes were with the line lock, the other half not. As front biased as my brakes are, I have NO problem doing brake stands. I heel-toe the brake gas and use my left for the clutch.

Here's the clutch switch setup - I wasnt kidding about simplicity.

2012-09-29_15-28-28_619.jpg

2012-09-29_15-27-15_251.jpg

The line lock is completely independent. I have an "arm" switch with an LED on it, and then a big momentary right beside it, in the ash tray location.

Once I got the 2 step adjusted correctly, it worked great.

Edited by SUNNY Z

Freakin' amazing how you make complicated problems into simple solutions. I don't know if it will make a difference, but I'm gonna try to make my line-lock deactivate at the top of the pedal stroke when the clutch has been let out, instead of at the bottom. It may just kill the motor (bog), but it will be my attempt to not hit the drivetrain all at once. I'm gonna turn the line-lock off at the bottom where your switch is so that there is less chance that I can come off the 2-step with the line-lock still on. I think one of the early real challenges for my clutch was when I did a big smokey burnout for friends on dry pavement-I had unknowingly left my parking brake on-clutch wreeked for the rest of the day.

That video was great. I'm starting on the wiring for my 2-step. Did you use the suction cup mount for your go-pro when you had it on the back 1/4 panel?

Yeah. As of right now, thats the only way I have to mount it. It works good though. I've seen them hang on at 200+... so i'm not worried lol.

I'm with you - F trailers. Although you need a roof rack to do it right. Gotta leave the passenger seat for bros or ladyfriends :)

FILE0014.jpg

Did you post your cam specs anywhere? It sounds pretty aggressive. Considering possibly doing a mild-medium cam, long tubes, ls6 intake over the winter and could use some info.

Edited by h4nsm0l3m4n