HybridZ

WTB 70 - early 71 driveshaft

PseudoSport

I just saw a short driveshaft in a 240Z at the Portland OR South PicknPull (I posted on another thread also about the trans mount). The front yoke adapter looked a little worn around the seal area and the dust shield has a big ding in it. But the u-joints seemed in good shape. I had to ballpark the length, but, coincidentally, I had a one foot stick that I was using to estimate CV shaft length. There was also a normal length shaft there so I'm 95% positive it's a short one.

If you need it bad, you could get both and swap the other yoke on to the short shaft. 240s have the replaceable u-joints.

Two manual transmissions, an engine block and an N42 head are also in the car. Looks like someone gave up on a project or finished one and got rid of the extra stuff.

I just saw a short driveshaft in a 240Z at the Portland OR South PicknPull (I posted on another thread also about the trans mount). The front yoke adapter looked a little worn around the seal area and the dust shield has a big ding in it. But the u-joints seemed in good shape. I had to ballpark the length, but, coincidentally, I had a one foot stick that I was using to estimate CV shaft length. There was also a normal length shaft there so I'm 95% positive it's a short one.

If you need it bad, you could get both and swap the other yoke on to the short shaft. 240s have the replaceable u-joints.

Two manual transmissions, an engine block and an N42 head are also in the car. Looks like someone gave up on a project or finished one and got rid of the extra stuff.

I appreciate the offer but I’d feel bad having you crawl under a car at the junkyard to pull the driveshaft. Also after your time, price of the part, and shipping it might be over my budget but thank you for checking for me.