HybridZ

E-Bay clutch??

2eighTZ4me

• 2 weeks later...

Im running a xtd stage 3 the 4 puck one with a sprung hub. my zxt has not destroyed it yet and im running 15 psi with megasquirt and a big fmic. i use my launch control on a daily basis (3000rpm dumps) because i drive like a ****** lmao. no problems after 6 month abuse. only thing is they get grabby when disc gets hot. make sure you break it in correctly and it will be okay well it has for me anyways. good luck...

post-18952-084413900 1348546771_thumb.jpg

post-18952-083486800 1348546834_thumb.jpg

Redzedturbo, I'm surprised that this clutch has been able to hold all that torque you are making. Had this setup in my 91 Integra. It's a very chattery disc. Makes little annoying noises and a lot of small chatters when on neutral/engaging. Other than that, it worked fine and has a very tough engagement.

Be warned, ONLY get the stage 3 and up. Stage 1's and 2's have been known to crap out. I recommend getting the stage 3 since the disc is sprung.

Also, when you're buying a clutch, you don't buy it according to your HP rating. I believe you're supposed to buy a clutch according to how much torque you will be putting down. If you're gonna be making that much power, I wouldn't recommend you using cheap Chinese crap. get the real deal stuff. ACT or Competition Clutch is a good brand.

Edited by yhlz

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I would use a Centerforce Dual Friction. It will handle the power easily and not cause your left leg to cramp on you. You'll be GLAD you did 1st time you get stuck in traffic. REMEMBER, you get what you pay for. Cheap parts are EXACTLY that, cheap, and the clutch is the last place I would try to skimp. GOOD LUCK!