HybridZ

I didn't want another Miata...

Mikelly

Don't get me wrong, I like Miatas. They're great little cars. But I didn't "plan" on buying another one... And then the phone rang, and my son needed money for a "divorce" of sorts.

Without getting into the particulars, in order to make his ex-fiance whole, he'd need some cash. His Turbo Miata Project car was up for sale already, so I suggested we buy the car from him and let him pay back the difference.

Yesterday afternoon this showed up in my driveway:

6385eaf9.jpg

83948e25.jpg

Meatwad3.jpg

It's got the FLyin' Miata Turbo kit with their "happy meal" clutch kit, bilstein coilovers, full Flyin' Miata exhaust system, Megasquirt2 Standalone PNP ECU, the rollbar, and sparco seats. Everything else works well too... The car has a studder around 4K RPMs so I'm going to have to get smart on tuning it. Probably a fuel issue. It apparently is sucking the fuel down pretty good.

Anyway, I was happy getting down to fewer cars, but my commute is round trip 150 miles per day, and since having the GT3 delivered May 28th I've put over 10K miles on it alone. So, We'll use this as a commuter car and hopefully it will be as fun as the combo sounds.

I really didn't want another Miata... :D

This is a good application for an old laptop-use it to tune the miata.The challenge is to tune it for a good daily driver thats gets good fuel milage and idles and runs good in traffic.If you turn into a perfect tune freak you will probably data log your drives to work.It might make 30 mpg.