HybridZ

Tire brand and stretched tires

I am not a huge fan of stretched tires, a little is ok, but too much and I think it's dangerous and looks weird on a car. Anyway, I was hoping someone, possibly someone who works in the tire industry would be able to answer my question.

Due to limited sizes in 15 inch tires I was looking at placing a 225/50/15 or 225/60/15 on a a 15x9 inch wheel, my question is: Which brand of tire would give me the least amount of stretch? I know that some tires have a "lip saver" feature and I was wondering if that would make the tire actually wider and give minimal stretch. I just wish they started making 235 or 245's in 15's again.

225 isn't that much stretch on a 9" rim. i have a 205 and it barely has stretch, and the lip saver feature still covers the edge of the rim. there are people putting 195's on 9" rims. i use bf goodrich g-force sport 2s. if you want some ideas on tires/stretch, go to tyrestretch.com. you can look up your rim diameter and width, and look at different size tires, and sometimes they even put the type of tire they are using. good luck.

Thanks for all the advice from those who replied. Looks like I will use a 225. I did some research and found that the gforce has a section with of 9.2 inches which equates to about 234 mm. So it should fit fairly square on the 9" wheel.

If the toyo r888 were more affordable I would run the 235/50/15.

Does anyone know if using a 60 profile vs. a 50 would make a difference in the stretch? I did not see good examples on tirestretch.com.

Edited by lorenzo

• 3 months later...

Rehashing an old thread...

15x10s all around and put 225/50-15 Kuhmos on the front, but they are a tad stretchy for me.

Not a great pic but you can see the 220/50-15 on 15*10 Kuhmo Ecsta AST

post-1894-0-59342900-1357685977_thumb.jpg

Found this picture of a 235/50-15 on 15*10 are on the back with 15*9 on front.

Gives a little more square look in the back and a bit more of the Staggered look I wanted.

post-1894-0-96347000-1357685995_thumb.jpg

Is the Toyo Proxes R888 is a Competition DOT tire.  But not just a Drag tire is it?

I want to go around corners also...

The crappy availability of fat-boy-fifteens is malo.

Edited by duragg