HybridZ

BJ: 280z's & Velo Rossa = $17,000+ ?

MidnightRider

Found myself browsing the "MotoExotica" Ebay seller linked above and noticed this thing. Now obviously this thing isn't going to be most people's taste, but something in there caught my eye.

1.jpg

Something funky is going on with the rear suspension here. I've never seen someone add a shock mount to the LCA. though it looks like it could be an airbag. Interesting none the less.

53.jpg

Having owned the Scarab and now doing a full resto on a 72, I can apperciate the work that goes into the cars.

It muddies the waters when you can build a totally complete first generation Camaro with only a frame nowadays.

There is still not a "one stop shop" for the restoration of an early Z car. Think NPD and the vast array of parts available. We have to shop high and low for a set of super clean 1st gen taillights! If and when you find them expect to pay premium price for them.

The yellow car, how much do you thing the frigging headlight covers cost for that car? I've got a set NIB Nissan that I couldn't replace for $800+!!!

I've got a set of new 240 tails, door panels, fender mirrors, clear front turn signal lenses all Datsun/Nissan parts.

That's roughly $2500 in parts alone.

If you love "Z's" great but if you choose to "restore" one think long and hard because there is no ROI in these cars in the current market IMO.