HybridZ

T5 WC shifter position on S30

24OZ

Hi guys,

I've got a late 240Z and will be fitting a WC T5 transmission mated to the L series. I've read a lot of posts which states the shifter comes a couple of inches forward then the stock location. I will be using the 280ZX NWC T5 bell housing along with it's tail shaft modified to take the larger WC output shaft.

As far as I understand, please correct me if I'm wrong, I won't need to alter the chassis shifter hole but I would have to alter the centre console. Is this true for a late 240Z also? Or is there a shifter solution which will allow me to install without modifying the console?

If you've got a part number for the shifter or pics of what you've done please share!

Thanks.

Not sure about the WC T-5, but with my zxt t-5 I had to modify the hole a good inch foward . I'm using a pro- tower shifter to keep the shifter out of the heater panel. Also had to modify my 73 console( my car is a 9/71) . I just added clearance for the foward gears.

I have a Nissan T5 in my '72 240z. I did NOT modify the hole. I have a Hurst Competition Plus Mustang T5 and I bought the shortest pullback shifter handle in the catalog. I then bent it about 10 degrees to the driver's side in my press. It is high compared to where the stock shifter was, but I like it. It's up and close to the wheel ala NASCAR.