HybridZ

Chassis Weight?

so i want to rebuild an S30, i have looked but i can't find the answer im looking for. I know the 500 lb difference between the 2 cars, but i don't know how much comes from the chassis itself.

So does anyone have the weights of stripped out and bare bones chassis of either of the two cars

If you're talking about JUST THE CHASSIS, then the difference will be 25-75lbs depending on which 240Z and which 280Z chassis you're talking about. All the difference between the two curb weights is in everything bolted onto the chassis. My 280Z weighed in at 2560 with a L28ET with the interior stripped. I still had a full layer of dynomat which is a heck of a lot heavier than carpet, so really this is nearly "stock" weight. The car is now quite gutted and my goal is 2300lbs with no fiberglass body parts. Once I have the money for a fiberglass hood I'll go even further and shoot for 2200. In that second stage that includes fiberglass parts I also plan on converting my 280Z back to a R180 and doing a CLSD R180 subie conversion.

You have to realize though, the 240Z underwent a LOT of changes just from '70 to '73.

Those numbers John C posted are those which have been posted in the past, of which I spoke.

It makes a difference WHICH one of each model you talk about.

When you consider that a 1979 280ZX is considerably LIGHTER than the 1978 280Z it replaced... The argument about late 280 gets thrown out and focuses on 79ZX or late 240/60/Early 280!

frank showed that well at MSA two years running with "The White Turd" the car with the CF hood worth more than what he paid for the rest f the car!