HybridZ

Somebody is gonna die

Chaparral2f

I pulled the magneto out of my sbc because I needed some space to modify the firewall on the z31, and some body walked off with it. It was a vertex 602X external coil mag with rare earth magnets and dual tach drives. If I replace it with a new one it'll set me back about $1400.

wait was this in like your front yard or a race track or garage? I don't even know where something like this could happen. What kind of situation was this?

The mag was pulled in the shop and left on the bench. I then went home and spent 4 days with an abcessed tooth. When I came back, it was gone. There are only a couple of people who I think may be responsible. One is a friend who may have taken it home just to screw with me. If that is the case it'll come back next time he comew around. The other is a jerk who I just might go and beat the crap out of just for fun. I guess I should just be glad they didn't get the plasma cutter. :(

I am watching CL, and have the word out with most of the shops in the area.

Edited by Chaparral2f

Call the cops, make a report, and put in a claim against your homeowners insurance policy.

We had a similar situation on some battery disconnect switches that went missing when the car was in the shop for paint.

Shop owner argued there were never any disconnects..."nobody on day shift did it, but I'm not here at night."

"I'm going to go home, print the date coded pictures, and bring the camera I took the photos with back here -- before the end of this shift, and then call the sheriff to swear out a theft complaint so they can question BOTH shifts, and maybe bring some other people with me."

When I returned, curiously my battery disconnects were back on the car...

But nobody on day shift took them...angry.gif