HybridZ

Water temp and oil pressure sender thread size?

billseph

Anybody know off hand what size threads the water temp sender and oil pressure sender are for L28ET engine. I figure it'll be BSPT so I'd like to get the proper adapter for the Autometer electrical sender/gauges I'm ordering. I understand that NPT will not seal properly into BSPT threads, so I'd rather not risk getting a leak from using the wrong fittings.

Thanks guys.

The oil sender is 1/8".  Here's the numbers for an adapter nipple from McMaster Carr that I ordered in the past, for a similar reason (mechanical gauge on block).

2 2 Each 5832T121

BSPT-to-NPT Threaded Brass Pipe Nipple 1/8" Pipe Sz, 1-1/2" L, Threaded Both Ends, Sch 40 (Same as 5832T2)

today $3.14 $6.28

If I had to guess, I'd say the water is 3/8".  You could grab a 3/8" NPT nipple from any hardware store and compare.  The two types look almost identical, the NPT tip is just a hair too large to get started easily, even if you wanted to try forcing it in to the BSPT hole.

Edited by NewZed

Thanks for the info NewZed, 1/8 for oil and 3/8 for water were indeed correct.

Stumbled across this thankfully

http://store.42draftdesigns.com/Lancer-EVO-18-NPT-Oil-Temp-Adaptor_p_54.html

Searching elsewhere online, I wasn't able to find a reducer like this anywhere. This looks like a nice solution...hopefully all goes well.

1/8 BSPT male to 1/8 NPT female is actually an Autometer part, so that was an easy find.

Edited by billseph