HybridZ

Seatbelt extenders

yellowoctupus

I would have thought this would be a common problem for shorter drivers in Z's but I can't find any information on seatbelt solutions anywhere!

My wife is approx 5'6" and has short legs, so with the seat all the way forward, she can depress the clutch to the floor, but can't get the seatbelt on! Has anyone found seatbelt extenders or something to remedy this? It's a good way to keep your short wife from driving your car of course, but I would like her to be able to drive it.

There's extenders for just about every other late model on eBay, get them shipped from the US for $17 brand new, but nothing listed for the older Z's.

I have a 78, FYI.

I think I might go measure my seatbelt end, and try to find a 'modern' seat belt end that matches it (ie, if it's the same as a '95 F250, then great, I'll get extenders for the F250!). I'd rather not have to swap in 240sx belts, mechanisms etc. Was the reason they swapped seat belts just to be able to use extenders?

I forget the place, but there IS a service out there for re-webbing classic car seatbelts. They can make just about any length you would want, with the caveat on retracting belts that there is a sewed-in stop and the extra not-originally retracted belt excess is somewhat left hanging.

I have the seat all the way back....uh.... close but still not needing extenders! Whew!

Edited by Tony D

Yeah, I found a few places that do re-webbing when I was considering redoing my Mustang belts. (I really liked the ~$20 route of extenders.) I have the seat back almost all the way too, but that makes your seat belt length shorter. Unless it's going around something with a high circumference of course...