HybridZ

Preferred Water Pump? L28ET

ryan95i4

My water pump started leaking last week so looking to go ahead and replace it.  Just wondering if there's a preferred brand I should be looking for.  I know ive seen some that have stamped impellers and others with cast impellers, but i dont know who sells which.

Also looking at the CSR Electric Pump, though I dont now if i can justify a $230 epump over a $20 regular pump... anyone used te CSR pump over a long period of time with good results? bad results?

Thanks,

There isn't a good source. You don't need an LD pump, just get the OEM nissan pump (or Atsugi, that's what Nissan Japan is shipping these days) and be done with it.

The LD pump bandaids a water jacket problem, and honestly I don't think it makes that big of a difference for a street car under 400HP.

Thanks all -- i ended up ordering a Paraut WP after not being able to find an Astugi WP online and after some googling seems that Astugi and Paraut is the same Japanese OEM (Astugi being the parent company).

Called the local Nissan dealer and they wanted $129 for one, found one online for $59 shipped and it'll be here today (not as good a deal as a $15 airtex that come with the cast impeller as well apparently, wow!)

I read the entire LD water pump thread before I posted, and saw that it definitely flows more, but the benefit for mild street builds may not warrant the extra cost and work involved...not to mention the time involved in trying to track down a legitimate source apparently.  I'll keep it in mind for the future if a reliable source is ever found.

Edited by ryan95i4