HybridZ

tips on temp gauge for LS1

My original Z gauges are adapted to the LS1 harness , but the 40+ old yr temperature gauge is erratic and I don't want to fool with the original gauge or the connection. Is there a way to plug a gauge to my aluminium radiator and have it under my dash. Please advice. Thanks

post-36683-0-59215700-1360439190_thumb.jpg

Edited by PLATA

Thats cool then. Why not get a known good gauge from someone selling parts or take a chance with a junkyard gauge ? Plugging a gauge into the radiator does not tell you what temp the engine is. It will only read the temp of the fluid in the radiator.

• 2 weeks later...

I took out the plug toward the back of the passenger side head and used the following to allow monitoring of temp in the head with an electric temp gauge:

Autometer 2259 sending unit

Autometer 2277 M12 to 1/8 NPT adapter

Autometer 3421 electric water temp gauge, 2 5/8"

You can't use the standard sender that comes with the gauge as it's too long.

I got all this info off the LS1tech website and it was very straightforward and has been working fine.

I took out the plug toward the back of the passenger side head and used the following to allow monitoring of temp in the head with an electric temp gauge:

Autometer 2259 sending unit

Autometer 2277 M12 to 1/8 NPT adapter

Autometer 3421 electric water temp gauge, 2 5/8"

You can't use the standard sender that comes with the gauge as it's too long.

I got all this info off the LS1tech website and it was very straightforward and has been working fine.

Thanks, this helps a ton,  :icon12:

GuysTHANKS, the LS1 adaptor/sending unit and gauge are on the way, she will have two gauges, the erratic OEM old Datsun Z temperature gauge and a new one connected to the  block on the passenger side,  with a mini gauge under the dash post-36683-0-79503600-1361511095_thumb.jpg. Easy and simple solution , I use the A/C to keep me cool and this will make sure that she is also running at normal temp  :icon12:

Edited by PLATA