HybridZ

Fuel injector plug question

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if the plugs for the fuel injectors on a 77 280z are identical to the plugs for the water temperature sensor and some of those other, similar looking sensors. They appear to be identical. The reason I am asking is that the plugs for my injectors and sensors are all torn up and corroded really badly and I would like to simply replace them with new ones.

Yes, they are all the same AMP Connector.

Different on TPS & AFM

Junkyard prospects are Volvo 240's which see", to have better quick-release connectors and rubber on the strain-relief boots, with my preference being Toyotas for the AFM connector because it has a 90 degree boot, and gold plated pins (which need moving around to matchDatsun Configuration.)

You can also buy sets of replacement EFI plugs on Ebay cheap.  Be sure to take a firm plastic brush to the contacts of the injectors to clean off the corrosion before plugging back on the new connectors.  I've heard dielectric grease is also a good idea to keep moisture out.  Don't forget the rubber boots.

I actually just ordered an entire set of connectors from FricFrac on this forum! The rubber boots on all of my injectors, afm, temp sensor, tps, thermotime switch are corroded/dry rotted and have completely fallen apart. Many of the connectors are missing the clips to hold them in (the AFM specifically) and all the connectors are green and fuzzy on both ends (except the AFM somehow). I cleaned them as best I could but I just decided to order new connectors and new sensors. I will have to see about cleaning up the injector connectors and I will likely wrap the plugs in large heat shrink tubing to keep moisture out once I install the new connectors.

I would second FricFrac's kit.

If you're cheap, go to the junkyard looking as I guided.

I got the same kit ISPKI spoke of, and if you are going to buy new: BUY THOSE! Best out there, bar none, and everything to do it right.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recieved a Kit from Fricfrac last week. These are some of the nicest connectors available, a big upgrade on quality and reliability. I got a set for my 81 280zx. Fricfrac is an Electrical engineer, and a bit of a perfectionist, and this kit reflects that. Highly recommended http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v413/nismopick/Misc%20Z%20Pics/Clips2.jpg I can post pics of my Kit if anyone needs.

Edited by PredatorZ