HybridZ

Time to replace turbocharger

Heroez

When you farm out the head porting, you'll pay 2500-3000$ for a race-quality job from any of the quality shops, and not much less for a hot street port. If you're getting a race port job done for 300$, you're likely not getting your money's worth...

ok. Too rich for me. I cant be like you guys unless I do it myself. My path is clear now. Turbo upgrade and exhaust. MS2 to follow. Meanwhile, study head porting. Thanks guys. You are not only helpful, but an inspiration.

Edited by Heroez

I called and got the pricing for a street style port. You are right, the price is good. I notice you said port only. So me being an engine novice, would you say it would be better for me to assemble it or let them assemble it (ready to bolt on) for the additional 350? What about valves or something opportunistic at the time?

Edited by Heroez

OK. I have been looking at Stainless steel valves, and I may go with that. Researching cams too. This direction is pushing me towards replacing the stock pistons with something nicer. It adds up quick.